Contented Sigh

Henry woke up a little early yesterday, but still had a very sleepy look on his face when I went into his room to get him, so I brought him back into bed with us to let him nurse.  He fell asleep in the crook of my arm like he used to when he was smaller.  I enjoyed the cuddle and the stillness (oh, the stillness!) for a little while, then eased him down slowly, sloooooowly onto the bed next to me.  Miraculously, he stayed asleep, and I cuddled in next to him.  We spent a significant portion of the first few months of his life cuddled up like that, with his face snuzzled into my neck and his fluffy hair tickling my face, napping the days away together.

We spent a blissful hour dozing in bed.  Karl was nice enough to get dressed in the dark and leave quietly, and turn off my alarm on the way out.  Henry woke up with a big smile on his face and laid in bed for a few minutes chattering at me before he started his usual morning routine of the racing around and strewing the hallway with toys.  We were more than a little late getting out of the house, but that delicious hour snuggled up in bed pretty much made my week.

Henry is tons of fun right now, and we are enjoying our goofy little toddler, but it was nice to get my sleepy baby back for an hour.  I miss that guy.

Comments

Popular Posts