Lovey Dovey II

Henry is waaaaay into babies lately.  Last weekend we met our friends Greg and Emily and 4-month-old baby Julia for brunch.  Incidentally, one of the things we like about our neighborhood is that there are always other people around who think that 7:30 a.m. is a perfectly normal time to meet for brunch.

Anyway, Henry was wildly smitten with baby Julia.  He would hardly leave her alone, at least until the food came (girl, ham and eggs? girl, ham and eggs?  answer: ham and eggs.).  The hugging went on for so long that Greg had to break the video into two parts to e-mail it to me.


I know I'm going to jinx it just by writing about it, but this gives us great hope for his prospects as a big brother.  Of course, I will not be surprised if Henry is less enthusiastic about the baby who's going to steal all of his parents' attention and drive the poor dog even further into neurotic toddler-abused despair, but here's hoping the love-fest lasts for at least another six months.

Comments

  1. I heard the news from Grandma Joyce a few weeks ago - congrats! I can understand the excitement and the terror :) I hope your pregnancy is going well! We hope to meet R2 next Christmas - Chris, Ellen and I will be traveling to MN.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts