37 Weeks

And officially full-term! 


Several of my friends had their babies right around the 37-week mark, so they keep asking if I am happy to be "done," but I don't have the feeling that baby girl is in any hurry to get out.  If she hangs out as long as Henry, I'll still be pregnant for almost another four weeks.  Baby girl was measuring about 7 lbs at my ultrasound last Monday so the tech predicted that I would go early, but Henry was bigger than that and still came late.  My guess is baby girl is coming around the end of the first week of August.  An 8-10-12 birthday would be pretty cool.  Or 8-8, which would make her super lucky (in China).

For the first time in quite a while, we had no plans and no travels this weekend, so I finished the curtains for her room.  We also hung pictures and ordered a girly lampshade, so the nursery is ready.  I also drove out to the fancy mall to exchange a baby outfit that I got two of at my shower.  When I came home, I told Karl that my dad used to say that having a daughter was like having two wives.  "What does that mean?" he asked.  And then I showed him the twelve hundred adorable little outfits I bought from the Janie & Jack sale rack.  Poor Karl is only beginning to understand what he's in for.

Karl and I are going to pack our hospital bag tonight and then we're ready for action -- whenever the action starts.

Comments

Popular Posts