Conversations With Henry

We don't get out much, but it doesn't matter because a talking toddler is basically the best form of entertainment ever invented.  A few choice exchanges from the past few days:

We were taking a walk and passed an older gentleman in a fedora. 
Henry (whispering): That's a cowboy!

Karl came downstairs in a scrubby mint-green t-shirt.
Henry: I love you in that green shirt, Daddy.

Henry was sitting at the desk with his fingers on the keyboard.
Me: What'cha doing, buddy?
Henry: Working.  This is my job. 
Me: What is your job?
Henry: Looking at the computer.

We were playing with the magnetic Tegu blocks (which are awesome).  I put together a couple of blocks and it looked sort of like a bird.
Me: Look, I made a bird!
Henry: [Adds another block].  He have a moustache!
Henry: [Adds another block].  It's a toucan!

Me: Buddy, Daddy said we could come visit him at his office on Friday. 
Henry: I'm gonna wear a tie.

Karl is wearing a ridiculous hat at the Christmas Eve party.  Henry starts back toward the den, where the kids are watching a Christmas movie.
Henry: You want to watch TV with me with your hat, Daddy?

Henry: Go away, Daddy!
Karl: Where should I go?
Henry: Stay here, Daddy!
Karl: OK, I'll stay with Henry.
Henry: You love me so much.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts