Number Three

Finally announcing what most of you have figured out already -- we're expecting baby #3!  And it's another girl!  She is due on February 1st.

Here's the belly at 22 weeks:



The pregnancy has been relatively easy but interminable.  I'm certain that I have been pregnant forever already.  I was less nauseous than with the other kids but so very, very tired.  Henry got to watch a lot of movies in the afternoon while I napped during the first trimester.

Ingrid likes to read to the baby.  I have to lift my shirt so she can show pictures to my belly.  She seems to think the baby prefers superhero books.

We took the kids to the screening ultrasound, and when the tech said it was a girl, Henry burst into tears.  Poor dude has been asking for a brother since before I got pregnant.  Karl had to carry him, wailing, out of the office.  Then we told him that both Grandpa Dave and Grandpa Alan have two little sisters (the notion of an older sister is incomprehensible; sorry, Aunt Judy), so he's decided another sister is okay after all.

I've been recalling all the baby gear loaned to friends and sorting the baby clothes.  It's fun to pull out all of the adorable infant girl clothes, but I'm a little nostalgic and weepy over the baby boy clothes.  Since we already have one of each, and they both turned out awesome, I couldn't have told you which I would prefer for #3.  I wasn't even 50/50.  More like 100/100.  I affirmatively wanted both this time around.  So I'm a little sad not to be having another boy and brother for Henry -- but if it had been a boy, I would have been sad not to get another girl.

First sister outfits!

We're excited to be a party of five this winter!

Comments

  1. This is so exciting! The first cousin to produce more than 2 kids! Super happy for your darling family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts