Everything is CRAZY

The pediatrician asked me at Heidi's checkup how I'm dealing with life with three kids. I had to ask if I could grade on the curve.

Here are all of the things that have happened since Heidi was born. I feel like each of these would have been a Thing if it had happened individually. But now there is so much crazy that it all runs together.

Karl had the flu and henry had strep throat.

The hot water heater was broken (again).

We had water damage in the back of the house from winter's final salvo last weekend. So now the drywall has been stripped out of part of our kitchen and the kids' room. Yes, the kids' room that we just finished remodeling six weeks ago. There are giant fans and dehumidifiers going in both rooms. The kids are sleeping in the basement. At least with the fans going, I can pretend I don't hear them shouting.




Karl has a hernia and is scheduled for surgery on Thursday.

Karl starts a new job the following Monday. No travel (yay!) but his daily schedule might be longer (boo).

I'm helping out with some events at Henry's school. It seemed like a fine idea back in August at volunteer signup time.

And, of course, we still have the newborn. Good thing she's the third kid.

So, boo on everything. Except the baby. She's delicious.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts