First Sleepover

Henry and Ingrid had their first sleepover last weekend!  I sort of imagined that the first time they slept away from home (other than with family) would be with the kids of one of *my* best friends so that  I  they would feel very comfortable with it.  But then O and A's mom asked if they wanted to sleep over, and the kids were standing right there and heard her, so I was on the spot not to look like a paranoid, over-controlling mother who can't let the chicks out of the nest.

So last Saturday they slept a whole 1/20th of a mile away from home!   They were super excited to pack up their overnight bags and thought REALLY HARD about what they would need.  Ingrid took a stuffed animal and her soft pillow.  She does not give a fig about either of these things when she is at home.  Henry packed the "travel puppy" for fear of losing the one true puppy in transit.

Karl and Heidi and I went out to dinner.  Do you remember how hard it seemed to take one toddler out to a restaurant before we had three of them?  On the way out, we saw some neighbors, who asked where the other kids were.  When we said they were at a sleepover, our friend said, "I want to get to there."  It's true, it was really nice and quiet.  And a teensy bit lonely.

O and A's mom reported that they were both very polite and really good eaters (including Ingrid, WTH?), and that Henry took really good care of his little sister.  Of course, I think they're the greatest little critters ever, but it's nice to know they remember their manners when they're out in the world without me.

My big kids!

Comments

Popular Posts