Well Baby

Henry had his two-month checkup at the pediatrician today. He is now even further off the charts for height and weight:

Height: 26 inches (and I think the nurse cheated him out of about half an inch)
Weight: 16 lb 10 oz
Head Circumference: 42 cm (95th percentile)

For comparison's sake, Karl, at his own 2-month checkup, was 23 3/4 inches and 14 lb 2 oz. Sheesh.

Hal also had to get the first major set of vaccines today, which was traumatic for both of us. He took the first shot like a champ, but by shot #4, he was red-faced and full-mouthed screaming. He isn't much of a screamer, so this was the most worked up I've ever seen him, and it was pretty awful. The nurse wouldn't let me nurse or even hold him while she gave him the shots, which pissed me off. You know, I'm glad my kid isn't going to die of horrible childhood illnesses, but I don't see any point in making the immunizations as terrifying as possible. You try getting stabbed four times without any mommy comfort, lady.

The little man has some cradle cap, so we are supposed to brush his head with olive oil and let it soak in the bath. And then braise it at 400 for 3.5 hours with garlic and rosemary.

He was otherwise pronounced perfect and adorable!

Comments

  1. You need a Dr. Tsifutis. He told me to nurse you while he gave the shots -- worked like a charm. I don't like your nurse. Talk to the doctor or ask for a different nurse from now on. Henry is your baby and the health care professionals need to listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shots are so sad...and they don't get much better because the kid gets bigger and a wrestling match ensues. So glad to hear he's healthy and happy (well, except for today). PS...I love rosemary & garlic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts