Big Day In

I finally had a lull at work, and it was officially too hot to leave the house even to walk to the car (heat index of ONE HUNDRED TWENTY ONE degrees), so Henry and I took the day off yesterday. 

We hadn't spent a whole day alone together in ages -- maybe not since I finished maternity leave.   I was actually a tiny bit nervous.  I don't feel like I know his rhythm very well anymore and I didn't have Karl to spell me like he does on the weekends.  We also couldn't even go outside for a long walk during the doldrums of the afternoon.  But it turned out to be a great day.  He played with kitchen implements while I made breakfast, we read books, played with his toys, ate lunch together, put some kiddie music on Pandora, and generally relaxed all afternoon.  I might have completely screwed up Elaine's awesome schedule, but it was so nice to have my guy all to myself.  I missed that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts