Bedtime

Ingrid has been consistently sleepy around 7:30, so we're starting to experiment with bedtime.  This is several weeks earlier that I tried doing a real bedtime with Henry.  Until now she has been hanging out with us in the evening until we go to bed at 11ish and then sleeping in our room (which is what Henry did until about 9 weeks old, if I recall correctly).  She usually wakes up around 2:00 or 3:00, and again around 6:00, though after our ladies' night out she went straight through from 11:30 to 6:30 -- must've been all the excitement of meeting a Top Chef Master.

Last night I put her in her crib, swaddled and sound asleep, at 8:00 and she stayed asleep.  I woke her up to eat at 10:30 and then kept her in our room.  The rest of the night was a bit rough.  She woke up three times and wouldn't go back to sleep after waking up at 5:30, but I think she was a little congested because we left the windows open.

Tonight I put her in the crib at 8:15, swaddled but still drowsily awake, and she went to sleep on her own.  I'll probably wake her at for the dream feed and move her to our room again tonight even if she's still sleeping when we go to bed.  She's still ridiculously noisy but I like having her nearby.

Comments

Popular Posts