Fall Fabulous


The temperature dropped 15 degrees and this week's CSA box contained two squash and a bunch of yams -- it's officially fall!  Hallelujah. 

We celebrated last weekend's fantastic weather by taking both children out of the house.  Our plan was to let Henry run around on the Mall, but apparently the entire Mall is under construction, so we ended up in the National Gallery's sculpture garden.  Henry and Karl ran around and examined all the things they weren't supposed to climb on.  Ingrid and I sat on a blanket in a grassy area near the entrance so that everyone who visited the garden could coo over her.

Getting some culture.

This weekend we met Emily and John and took all four kids out to a farm in Maryland for some fall fun.  The place was absolutely perfect for toddlers.  

Goats!

Mommy, this over-exposed goat is licking my hand!

Miniature tractor-cycles!



Hay rides!

We're totally cool with your rural lifestyle.

She thinks my tractor's sexy.

Llamas! (Dear Aunt Amy - are these actually llamas?  I have no idea.)

We expected Henry to be a little afraid of them because he often gets really excited about the idea of new activities and then gets nervous when it comes to actually participating.  But oh, my my.  The kid loves llamas.  Lily remained highly skeptical of the weird-looking critters and opted to feed them vicariously through Henry, much to Henry's delight.

Here, take these pellets.

And feed that super-aggressive one.

No sweat, ladies, I can handle it.

Llamas love me.

I love llama!

And giant hill slides!
I'm pretty sure the frat boys built
one of these on the WashU quad.

Note the sign behind him, which reads:
"Children under 3 must be accompanied by an adult."

My wild man.

We finished off the weekend with naps and a batch of homemade potato leek soup.  A great start to the season!

Comments

Popular Posts