Ladies' Night

Ingrid and I went out for dinner with my law school friends on Thursday.  Earlier that evening we had a photographer over to the house to capture baby and toddler in all their glory.  Henry was wound up beyond all recognition and was bouncing off the walls by the end of the photo session.  I'm pretty sure we ended up with exactly zero pictures of Henry and Ingrid together.  I'm also pretty sure Karl regrets letting me talk him into doing professional photographs on a weeknight.  So it worked out well for me and Ingrid to go out and leave Karl to enjoy his martini in silence.

Ingrid and I met the ladies at Art & Soul, which is becoming a family tradition -- that was Henry's first meal out too.  Chef Art Smith was there and came over to congratulate me on the new baby.  Baby's first celebrity!  I should have taken a picture. 

Being at the same restaurant where we first took Henry highlighted how different things are with the second child.  Henry slept through the whole meal and I was still on edge about having him out in public.  Ingrid was wide awake through appetizers and I just passed her around the table and enjoyed my glass of wine.  I took along a bottle (no doubt carefully packed on ice) for Henry just in case he needed to eat while we were out.  Ingrid got fussy and I just walked around the adjoining hotel lobby, found a chair in the empty business center, and hiked up my shirt to feed her. 

Two is crazier, but the second one is so much easier. 



Comments

Popular Posts