Flying Solo

Today was Karl's first day back at work, so Hal and I were on our own for the first time. We had modest ambitions for our first day of stay-at-home motherhood and still failed to meet them.

Accomplished:
Got the baby dressed
Folded half a load of laundry

Not accomplished:
Getting self dressed
Folding the other half of the laundry
Walking to the market for dinner groceries (hey, it was raining, I couldn't help it)
Finishing our wills
Returning phone calls

We nonetheless spent a very pleasant day snuggling in bed and devouring this book. Tomorrow Hal has his 2-week checkup at the pediatrician, which will require me to get us both dressed AND leave the house. Oh dear.

Comments

  1. I'm impressed by your blogging skills, Shelby. I have recently started a blog for my class, but I haven't learned how to do these fancy photograph albums that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First day solo made me laugh. I love the updates. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts