The Sick

We all know bad things come in threes (see, e.g., celebrity deaths and baby bodily fluids). For Karl, it's illnesses. The "cold" he caught during his London trip still hadn't gone away, so he went to the doctor on Tuesday. Turns out he actually has tonsillitis and an ear infection. No wonder he feels terrible. Because I am a loving wife, I made him some hot lentil soup and made fun of him for getting children's illnesses as a 30-year-old.

Tuesday night at 4 a.m. we have the following conversation:
Karl: Are you awake?
Shelby: Yeah. How are you feeling?
Karl: I have pinkeye in both eyes.
Shelby: [leaps out of bed] The baby and I cannot sleep near you.

Like I said, I am a loving wife.

So the big man now has tonsillitis, an ear infection, and pinkeye. Poor guy. But he has antibiotics of many colors and is feeling better. By tomorrow he should not be contagious anymore and will be permitted to touch the baby again. We should be in good shape to start driving to Minnesota on Saturday, which will give me 18 uninterrupted hours in which to mock him for being 8 years old.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear the "baby" is sick. So happy to have found your blog. We can now stay connected and see that sweet baby grow up...waaaay too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts