Tuesday's Child

Our little man is six weeks old today!

He's been wonderfully sweet this week and has started smiling a lot. He doesn't smile at us yet, but the big toothless grins are really cute anyway. We're also discovering things that he likes: the mobile above his crib is a major favorite, eliciting much arm-flapping and funny-noise making, and he really enjoys being nekkid on the changing table.

He has been sleeping great at night -- eight full hours the last two nights in a row! Alas, we're having less luck in getting him to nap during the day. I can tell he's tired, and he will fall asleep if I'm holding him, but once I put him down, he won't stay asleep in his crib (or bassinet, or pack-n-play, or Boppy) for more than twenty minutes. So for now I spend a lot of my day cuddling him. It's a tough life.



Hal and I went shopping today and picked up a few items from the 6-12 month category. I also packed away a bunch of clothes he's already outgrown and my maternity clothes, which made me a little weepy. Slow down, kid! Wasn't I just pregnant like five minutes ago? I'm not ready to be done with the newborn phase yet! Other parents get a little more time to adjust to outgrowing three whole clothing sizes.

Comments

Popular Posts